Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tok to Alaska/Canada Border


Tok

I left Tok, a little bit tired, but moved on. I got back on the Alaska Hwy, until I made a stop in area that was full of weeds, yes weeds. The yellow flowery looking weeds. The whole area was full of them making the sight just priceless. All I wanted to do is lay on it and look up at the sky. Alaska enjoyed some weeds and sun though.





Tetlin

I made a stop in Tetlin at the National Widlife Refuge, unfortunately it was closed. I think I got there around 6pm. Yet, just by the look of the outside of the building I knew it was a good place to visit. I stopped and took a couple of pictures from their deck. The center provides hiking tours, classes for students, trails that have been set up with information, and of course the center itself. It looked like an awesome place to stop and rest from driving, too bad I was too late. So I got back on the road.







AK-Canadian Border

Well I made it to the Canadian Border in just one day. I was pretty excited about that. I actually passed the Alaska Border first and noticed that it was empty so I thought it wouldn’t be too bad in Canada and it wasn’t. I got there, was all ready and prepared for all their requirements: passport, insurance, Canadian insurance I.D., car registration, the whole lot. Of course when I get there all he asks for is my passport and asks me about my destination and what I used to do in Alaska. Five seconds later I was in Canada eh!


Beaver’s Creek, Yukon

By the time I had crossed the Canadian border it was already pretty late. I made my first stop of the night at Beaver’s Creek. I decided to stay at the Windmark hotel/motel, whatevers. There are only 4 accommodations in Beaver’s Creek and they all had about the same prices. I pay the $93.00 for my room and get into my room. To my great surprise those $93 dollars only got my a twin bed room, with a very small bathroom, and one outlet. That is all folks. It was so freaking small. My campsites have been bigger than that room. I began thinking of how much this whole trip was going to cost me if I stayed at hotels/motels the whole way. So I knew I would have to think of something else, but for the moment all I wanted to do was eat, watch some DVDs, and sleep. I slept, while the AK Highway waited for my return, the end of day ONE.



0 comments:

Post a Comment