Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sunny Santa Ana

Santa Ana, CA

The Location

Santa Ana is located in sunny Southern California about two hours south of Los Angeles and two hours north of San Diego. Most people hear the acronym O.C. and think immediately of the rich teenage T.V. show yet that was not the O.C. I lived in.

The People

Santa Ana’s majority is made up of Latinos. The majority of the Latinos are Mexicans/Mexican Americans, but you can find people from all over Latin American in Santa Ana.

The City

Santa Ana is a suburban city, although it is becoming more of an urban city with every day that passes. It is set-up to accommodate the Latinos of the city. There isn’t a lack of taco restaurants, corn stands, stores filled with latino products, Pollo Loco; anything and everything one would need or desire.


In Progress

The funny thing about the place you are born and raised is that you never look at it like a place to explore or learn about. I certainly never looked at my city with that perspective. Therefore, as I move across the world and go back home to visit, I will explore my own hometown and expose its uniqueness and culture.

0 comments:

Post a Comment